Societal and personal economic/social wellbeing is of utmost importance.
Societal and personal economic/social wellbeing is directly dependent on the health of natural systems, and the healthy interaction of man made systems with natural systems.
Societal and personal economic wellbeing is directly dependent on the presence of a healthy and functional democracy.
A healthy, functional democracy requires:
- An educated, informed, and engaged public;
- An opportunity and forum for open discussion of issues;
- Public access to information;
- Process based decision making and the precautionary principle;
- Independent regulatory bodies that ensure industry/business/government accountability.
- Non-party affiliated approach to political discourse.
- A free and diverse press is integral to a healthy democracy.