Societal and personal economic/social wellbeing is of utmost importance.
Societal and personal economic/social wellbeing is directly dependent on the health of natural systems, and the healthy interaction of man made systems with natural systems.
Societal and personal economic wellbeing is directly dependent on the presence of a healthy and functional democracy.
A healthy, functional democracy requires:
- An educated, informed, and engaged public;
- An opportunity and forum for open discussion of issues;
- Public access to information;
- Process based decision making and the precautionary principle;
- Independent regulatory bodies that ensure industry and government accountability; and
- A free and diverse press.
We are working for the health of our democracy by encouraging a non-party affiliated approach to informed and open political discourse, and we invite you to join us on the third Monday of each month to share your views.